Wednesday, April 08, 2009

J and B go down

Well, I always wondered whether it was possible to have the stomach flu and a bad cold at the same time, and this morning I found out, because at 4:30 a.m. J -- who has been fighting a bad head cold -- started throwing up. Just like with M, it's been pretty intense. She's vomited maybe a dozen times or so. Now she is begging for tall glasses of water, which of course we can't give her -- just a teaspoonful of water every five minutes. Or a popsicle, which she's now turning down regularly. (Never thought I'd live to see the day when she would turn down a popsicle.) B is complaining of nausea now (around 6 p.m.), and has a slight fever of 101. S has fled the house to get away from the Apocalypse. Well, as long as one of us doesn't come down with it, I think we'll be fine.

2 comments:

  1. I escaped the apocalypse to return library dvds after being on a vomiting 3 yr old since 4:30am. Details, details.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Norovirus is rampant in the city where I live at the moment. In a week I am part of a cast performing "Sound of Music" and they are worried that if it hits the cast, jammed up as we are in dressing rooms together, it will spread like wildfire. We have been told to 'stay home' if we are sick, and not spread it around!!

    ReplyDelete