Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hello again!


Whew, it's been a long time since I updated our family journal! As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have been busy to overflowing with volunteer responsibilities, plus adoption stuff (including learning Russian). I will probably remember this past six months as the straw that broke the camel's back when it comes to volunteering -- I am scaling back as much as I can, and saying no to everybody!

What's been happening in the past few months? Mostly, Alleluia Boy has just been exploding socially and verbally. He interacts with us much more than he did before -- we have little vignettes of conversations. He is stretching in every way possible...sometimes overreaching, but that's what it takes to grow up! (He likes opening the refrigerator and investigating what's inside. He'll peer in and comment on thing: "Oh!" he says. The other day, he tried taking out a full gallon of milk -- it tooj him down!) For as much trouble as he causes (we finally had to put away the radio, before he destroyed it), he sure is cute...always with a smile or a joke. His latest catch-phrase is, "Oh...nice!" Sometimes he draws out the "nice" for emphasis, which just cracks me up. The other phrase that cracks everyone up (particularly the kids) is "ketchup," which he pronounces exactly like "shut up."

Beyond that, I suppose the other notable thing is our complete lack of a winter. (Although as I write this a winter storm is SUPPOSEDLY bearing down on us.) We have had no appreciable snow accumulation, and very mild weather. This means that we've only been sledding once, and only ice skating a few times -- the outdoor rink at the lake didn't even open until mid-January, which is unheard of around here.

I'm calling it a day for now, but I hope to catch up on posting over the next few days.

Here's a sample of what I have been working on for the kids' school. I edited this video (and took the interview footage):

1 comment:

  1. We're looking into the World Learning Center for Max, Jerry. I think it's about the same as a Montessori school.

    ReplyDelete