Saturday, November 01, 2008

Mutually Exclusive?

So...as we're tooling from place to place in the car on Halloween night, we start talking about the original meaning of Halloween as the "hallowed eve"--the evening before the holy feast of all saints. We start talking about the saints in general and M puts in that she wants to be a saint when she grows up. "Me too!" says B. Then J screws up her face in a contrarian scowl: "I don't want to be a saint when I grow up! I want to be a mom!"

The cherry on top of this conversation? M rebutts with: "Well, you can't be a saint until you're dead anyway."

You can read my spouse's version of this story over at the Ironic Catholic, where you can also find plenty of comments about it--my favorite of which is, "So...she's going for martyrdom, then?"

No comments:

Post a Comment