Monday, November 21, 2011

A random act of kindness


Well, this blog is called Gracewatch, and I guess things don't get more grace-y than this. Now, how would you like to get a note like this one in your mailbox? Even better when there's a couple of gift cards taped to the other side! This note made my week, I think, and came at a time when I needed a little boost of inspiration about my parenting vocation. And really, mid-November in Minnesota, who doesn't need a little boost!

It also got me thinking about whoever sent it. We've done a little detective work using informal handwriting analysis but haven't narrowed the field down by much. But I was also thinking about how much the sender must have enjoyed doing this. Maybe this Advent we'll take this on as a family project -- dropping secret notes to people who deserve an extra boost. So, if you happen to find an anonymous note like this one in your mailbox anytime soon, it's probably just a secret surprise from us.

Wait a sec -- I shouldn't have said that, I guess...oh well...just pretend you didn't read this....


Being beacons of light!

2 comments:

  1. My father died when I was eight. After that, someone used to leave an envelope with money in it in our letterbox each Christmas Day. We never found out who it was - it remained a mystery. And the kindness has remained in my mind all these years...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a great story, Kiwi! I really would like to try something like that this Advent. Must be just as fun to be the one who does the giving!

    ReplyDelete