Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Goodbye, Dad

My Dad passed away shortly after 2:30 this afternoon. Unfortunately, I am too exhausted to write much about the experience, other than to say that these past few days have been sort of like a retreat -- a very intense retreat, but a very fruitful one as well. For all the suffering my Dad has done, he has also given me a great gift by helping me to face my fear of death.

Although we are all responding in different ways, I would say that for the most part the family is truly happy for Dad while also mourning the loss of his physical presence with us.

1 comment:

  1. Jerry, thank you for the gift of this blog and your sister's reflection, as well. I am so sorry for your loss, and so grateful your dad had a beautiful death. Please know I am carrying you and your family in my heart today. What joy and peace your dad is experiencing now--beyond our wildest imaginings! He will always live in you through your words, actions, and your very life. What a blessing that the faith he cherished was caught by his children and passed on to grandchildren. A fruitful life, indeed. Blessings and peace, Jerry!!

    ReplyDelete